Live and direct from the Comfort Suites in Charleston, West Virginia, it’s Around the Web with Savage Minds!
Tomorrow is the last day of our cross-country family road trip and I’m happy to report that reuniting our adopted daughter with her birth-brother and sister went off without a hitch. Also we paid a visit to the Chicago Art Institute and the Field Museum, both of which were totally mind blowing.
I’m catching up on all my blog reading right now and feeling a bit like I’m drinking from the fire hose. So this week I’ll be linking you to some older material and without providing commentary. Next week back to the regular Around the Web you know and love.
Fieldwork and Observation
- The anthropology of building things
- Performance art as ritual in Brooklyn
- The convergence of tatooing and acupuncture
- The Seto, a traditional European folk culture
- Media/Anthropology’s top free articles of 2009
- Another library rebels against increasing journal fees
- The archaeology blogs are organizing at SAA 2011
- A call for greater professional participation in Wikipedia
Seen something around the web that you would like to share with the Savage Minds community? Email me at email@example.com